Part-Time STEM Program Coordinator
SciTech2U is seeking an experienced and dynamic Program Coordinator to assist a team of highly motivated instructors, interns and volunteers in providing STEAM education. This is an excellent opportunity for graduate students, newly degreed undergraduates, retired persons, experienced project managers, or STEM professionals desiring to shifting careers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably Business or STEM majors, or equivalent program management experience of at least two years, preferably in youth or educational environments.
- Demonstrated ability in program development and implementation, resource management, and participant recruitment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders
- Experience with volunteer management highly desiredExcellent task management skills when working with both internal stakeholders and external customers
- Grant writing ability is a plus
- Ability to write concisely and accurately including for different audiences
- Schedule and communicate program implementation with instructional team including leadinstructors, assistants, interns, and volunteers
- Serve as substitute instructor or tutor in STEM or English Language Arts subjects, in-person or virtually.
- Develop partnerships and maintain communications with schools, parents, community leaders,
- local STEM enthusiasts, and organizations.
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of SciTech2U STEM programs, events, and activities
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs at multiple sites.
- Maintain close, regular contact with SciTech2U staff (professional and volunteer) to interpretand explain STEM/Education program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information.
- Use software such as spreadsheets or apps to manage timelines; analyze and collect data,communicate with team members; and compile regular reports reflecting program activities,attendance, and outcomes.
- Support instructional team by providing technological and project-based resources to encourage
- the development of exciting, robust and multi-sensory learning experiences for participants.
- Communicate essential information in a timely manner and interact diplomatically with people
- Support internal and external partners and volunteers to ensure coordinated implementation ofSTEM programs, both virtually and in in-person environments
- Work with executive leadership and instructional staff to design the most effective andpersonalized STEM experiences for children in grades K-12, which can include helping to createeducation materials and workshops; identifying key partners and relationships to cultivate; andhelping market SciTech2U’s programs authentically.
- Have a growth-mindset - be willing to accept feedback and grow as an individual and a teammember; have a positive mindset towards the array of opportunities ahead.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal background check and child abuse
- This is a 90% virtual position, with occasional site visits